This is one of the most amazing stories that I have come across. A story of how a young Nigerian mother invented Crib A’GLOW that cures jaundice after going through the horror of watching her less than 48hours old son go through blood transfusion because there was no phototherapy unit in the hospital to put her son who had jaundice.
Out of her pain she decided to do something about saving other mothers from going through the same experience. Out of that painful experience has been born the first Solar powers portable phototherapy unit that works much faster than what is currently available in the Nigerian market.
Now these are the lessons we can learn from this great Nigerian Mother Named Virtue Oboro
SIGN UP FOR A FREE EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM TO BOOST YOUR BUSINESS OR CAREER
Offer lasts for the next 48 hours
- DO NOT COMPLAIN AND WALK AWAY. DO SOMETHING – We must learn to stop complaining about a problem we face in a system that we are sure that those coming after us will definitely face. We should rather complain but move a step further by doing something about the problem ourselves. In narrating her story she said In 2015, her son had jaundice and was admitted into one of the Federal medical centres in Nigeria where she almost lost him due to preventable lapses. Upon admission, she was shocked to discover that there was no electricity to power a photo-therapy unit for her son, also there was not enough phototherapy units in the hospital for all the children with jaundice. All these resulted to an emergency blood transfusion for her son. And a very long stay in the hospital. The lapses she said made her angry and was her trigger because she knew that if there was enough phototherapy units that were solar powered , her son would not have gone through the ordeal. She also saw enough mothers going through the same experience that she went through and she decided to do something about it. Out of that decision was born
- SEARCH FOR THE SOLUTION EVEN IF YOU ARE THE LEAST QUALIFIED TO DO SO – The only medical qualification she had that qualified her to invent Crib A’glow, the best phototherapy unit currently in Africa is that she was a mother. She started by doing researches on jaundice in new-born babies and its treatment in Nigeria. She studied about phototherapy, how it worked in treating jaundice, the forms of light and energy that gave the best results in eliminating jaundice in new-born babies. Though she had a lot of disappointments and failures, she never thought of giving up because she knew that a lot of mothers can be helped if she comes up with something better.
- PARTNER WITH EXPERTS IN THE AREA OF THE PROBLEM YOU ARE TRYING TO SOLVE – Though she knew nothing about technicalities of a phototherapy unit and the medical science of Jaundice, she engaged and worked with medical doctors, biomedical engineers and other medical and light engineers and fabricators. And that was how Crib A’glow Phototherapy unit was created. This is a very portable, very affordable, solar powered Phototherapy unit and designed and created by a Nigerian Mother whose only qualification for making this invention is that she is a mother that did not want other mothers with newborn babies that have jaundice to go through what mothers are currently going through in most Nigerian hospitals because of lack of phototherapy unit
- THAT IDEA YOU ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW MIGHT JUST BE WHAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS SEARCHING FOR AND READY TO PAY FOR– A lot of people are currently sitting on ideas that someone somewhere needs to advance his or her life. Although her invention is currently being understudied by the Niger Delta teaching Hospital, it has been giving amazing results way beyond what the inventor thought it could do. In fact it has effectively been deployed in saving Low birth weight babies in a lot of hospitals in Bayelsa state. And mothers as can be seen on her social media platforms have been giving amazing testimonies of what Crib A’glow did for their sick newborn babies.
- MAKE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BETTER THAN WHAT OTHERS ARE CURRENTLY DOING – Don’t just start a business without clearly defining your value proposition. That is you must be very clear about the appreciable value what you want to do can give to your target customers. For instance, with Crib A’glow apart from being far cheaper than what is currently available in the market, Virtue designed her photo-therapy unit to be solar powered unlike others in use in Nigeria, she made it portable so that it can easily be moved from one room to another in a hospital or even set up at the home of the patient rather than keeping the child and mother in the hospital. But amazingly, because of the design and some secrets discoveries she made while inventing her Crib A’glow, children get better faster in her unit than in the conventional units in use in most hospitals
- LET THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT WHAT YOU DO – Because you made something wonderful does not mean that the whole world would flock to you. Its your job to let the world know about what you do. Virtue is a great marketer of her product. She goes around the country marketing and telling people about her inventions and how it can help them solve the problems associated with Jaundice. This young Nigerian mother does not mind that she is heavily pregnant with her next baby but would make her presentation to anybody that can get it for a hospital. In fact she recently was awarded a big grant by Diamond Bank under the BET6 project to help her get the units into more hospitals
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO – A lot of people make the mistake of trying to do what they are passionate about rather than being passionate about what they are doing. If not for her experience from the poor treatment of her son in the hospital, this Nigerian mother would never have started Crib A’glow and anyone who sees her now will think she is a medical expert from her passion in trying to reduce the agony of mothers with jaundiced newborns. Its easier and more financially rewarding to start a business designed to solve a problem people are currently facing rather than based on a passion you have but which does not address any pressing problems that people are facing.
You can reach Tiny Hearts Technologies on 080 6648 7813 and www.tinyheartstechnology.com